TeraFlex is known for making quality parts, and this Wrangler JK Teraflex 2.5″ lift is no exception. TeraFlex has managed to make an all inclusive kit (well, certain part numbers are more all inclusive than others) that won’t break the bank. They offer several different versions of this kit – some for the JK 2 door, and others engineered for the extra weight of the 4 door JK.
There are several different part numbers for this TeraFlex Lift Kit:
- 1351002 – 2.5” JK 2 Door Lift Kit
- 1352002 – 2.5” JK 2 Door Lift Kit & Shock Adapters
- 1251002 – 2.5” JK 2 Door Lift Kit & TeraFlex VSS 9550 Shocks
- 1351000 – 2.5” JK Unlimited 4 Door Lift Kit
- 1352000 – 2.5” JK Unlimited 4 Door Lift Kit & Shock Adapters
- 1251000 – 2.5” JK Unlimited 4 Door Lift Kit & TeraFlex VSS 9550 Shocks
The good things about this TeraFlex 2.5″ Lift:
It’s all bolt on, so you won’t need anything beyond normal hand tools. Also, the colors of the kit itself don’t burn your eyes like some other kits (Skyjacker… we’re looking at you). The fact that you can buy the kit without shocks, with shock adapters (run your current shocks), or will full on VSS 9550 shocks is a nice touch – you (or your wallet) can dial in exactly what works best for you.
TeraFlex 2.5″ Lift cons:
Fixed sway-bar links that don’t disconnect. We’d like to see dis-connectable sway-bar links, but that’s the trade off for low price. There is a chance you’ll need exhaust spacers for the lift to clear, but this is true of almost all lifts.
Our Thoughts of the TeraFlex 2.5″ Lift
An easy install using only common hand tools. The Teraflex 2.5″ lift kit comes with an upgraded rear track bar bracket that attaches to the axle. It’s bolt on so there is no need to drill the frame like other kits. You do have to transfer the rear sway links to the front so make sure they’re in good shape before you start your install.
The install itself takes about 4 hours working at a steady pace. Be sure to watch the full youtube video (linked at the bottom of this review), then go over the directions (down at the bottom as well). That should be all you need to install this. If you get stuck, don’t be afraid to call TeraFlex technical support at 801.713.3314.
- Fits 2007 to 2016 JK Wrangler
- 2-door or 4-door models depending on the part number
- Full kit includes 2.5″ lift coil springs, 9550 VSS shock absorbers, rear swaybar links, heavy duty rear trackbar axle bracket, bumpstop extensions and all necessary hardware
- 2012+ JKs may require exhaust spacers
- Aftermarket wheels with 4.5” backspacing or less are required
- Max Tire Size: 35×12.50
What’s in the box
- Front and Rear Coil Springs
- Front and Rear Bump Stops
- Rear Brake Line Brackets
- Rear Sway Bar Links
- Rear Track Bar Bracket
- Shock Adapters (only on kit 1352000)
- Front and Rear Shocks (only on kit 1251000 and 1251002)
Base kit – 1351002 for Wrangler JK 2 Door
Base kit with shock adapters – 1352002 for Wrangler JK 2 Door
Full Kit with shocks – 1251002 for Wrangler JK 2 Door
Base kit – 1351000 for Wrangler JK Unlimited and Rubicon Unlimited
Base kit with shock adapters – 1352000 for Wrangler JK Unlimited and Rubicon Unlimited
Full kit with shocks – 1251000 for Wrangler JK Unlimited and Rubicon Unlimited
TeraFlex 2.5 inch lift kit installation instructions
Alternate part numbers:
Leave a Reply