Rubicon Express is a well respected when it comes to Jeep parts – An RE budget boost was the very first lift kit that I ever bought, so they will always hold a warm place in my heart. This time around I’m reviewing the Rubicon Express RE7000 lift kit. It will lift your 1997 – 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ between 3.5 and 4.5 inches, depending on the exact model you purchase. With that much lift, you’ll be able to safely run 33 inch tires. The lower control arms are fixed, but the upper arms are adjustable, so you can dial in the right amount of caster for your TJ.
This is a well thought-out kit that includes everything you’ll need. It’s true that you can get a similar height lift kit for less, but you’ll still be chasing the little things, like extended brake lines, an adjustable front track bar, and extended bumpstops – all of which are included. With that said, if you’re willing to shell out $1500 on a lift, you may be happier with a full on long arm kit. The Rubicon Express RE7000 exists in a strange price point – more expensive than similar kits, but not quite the price of a long arm setup. Keep in mind that you’ll need to install a slip yoke eliminator, as well as a new rear drive-shaft with this kit (neither are included). If you’re sure that you want a short arm kit for your TJ, then this is a good choice.
Personally, I really like the nice silver color of the components. I couldn’t stand having red or white shocks on my dark green Wrangler.
- Complete kit (other than SYE and rear driveshaft)
- Rebuildable Super-Flex Control arms
- Rubicon Express Advantage Lifetime Warranty
- No shocks included in the base kit
- SYE and rear CV drive shaft (although this is true for any 4″ or above lift)
Details (info provided by manufacturer)
- Fits 1997 to 2006 TJ Wrangler and Rubicon
- Features new control arms with our Super-Flex spherical ball joints
- Adjustable front track bar
- Replacement 4.5″ lift springs
- Extended bump stops
- Longer front brake lines
- Gen II sway bar disconnects
- Shocks not included in the base kit
- Max Tire Size: 35×12.50
- Max Tire Size: 35” x 12.50”
- Recommended Wheel Size: 8” +
- Recommended Backspace: 3.75″-4.50”
- Super Flex Fixed Control Arms – Front & Rear Lower (RE3700) / Front Upper (RE3780) / Rear Upper (RE3783) – All Super-Flex Control Arms feature Rubicon’s rebuildable spherical bearing assembly. This assembly features a large 2.25″ polymer race that encapsulates a 1.75″ hard plated steel bearing. A threaded steel insert allows adjustable preload and easy maintenance. The unit is greasable and extremely quiet due to the non-metallic races. This bearing allows extra flex for off-road prowess, yet does not sacrifice on-road handling or long term durability.
- Coil Springs – (RE1355 Front, RE1360 Rear) – Rubicon coils are designed to provide the best in ride quality without sacrificing durability and load capacity. All coils are powder coated silver.
- Gen2 Sway Bar Disconnects (RE1141) – Easy to use sway bar disconnects have no extra parts after detaching the sway bar – the lynch pin retainer attaches the end link to a remote location for maximum steering clearance.
- Sway Bar End Links – Rear (RE1155) – The RE1155 extended rear end link is a direct replacements for the stock unit and will accommodate 3.5″ to 5″ of lift.
- Bump Stops – Lower Front (RE1383) / Upper Rear (RE1385) – Extended bump stops fits inside front coil to provide 2-3” of extra limitation for larger tires.
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines – 20″ Front (RE15531) – Replace the inferior stock rubber brake lines with the Rubicon Express stainless steel protected Teflon brake line kits.
- Adjustable Track Bar – Front (RE1600) – Correct alignment and handling problems on lifted vehicles with Rubicon’s front adjustable chromoly track bar.
- Track Bar Bracket – Rear (RE1602) – Bracket allows for proper rear axle alignment on lifted vehicles.
- Shock Relocaters (RE2005) – Rubicon Express Shock Extensions are a must have when running a CV driveshaft for shock body clearance on your vehicle.
There are different part numbers for 2-door and 4-door wranglers:
Part Number: RE7000 – Rubicon Express 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – no shocks
Part Number: RE7000M – Rubicon Express 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – with mono tube shocks
Part Number: RE7000T – Rubicon Express 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – with twin tube shocks
Rubicon Express RE7000 Pricing
Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – no shocks
Rubicon Express RE7000M 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – with mono tube shocks
Rubicon Express RE7000T 4.5″ lift for 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler – with twin tube shocks
Rubicon Express RE7000 photos and pictures
Rubicon Express RE7000 installation and review videos